Address: Trynek, 44-100 Gliwice, Poland
The location of the airport is its unique advantage. The Silesian University of Technology operates in Gliwice, as well as many production and service companies with a national, European and global reach. The city of Gliwice also has a modern sports and entertainment hall – Arena Gliwice. The proximity of the Gliwice – Sośnica junction connecting the A1 and A4 motorways, Droga Trasa Średnicowa, a short distance to the city center and the vicinity of the “Nowe Gliwice” Education and Business Center GAPR sp. z o.o. they are of particular benefit to investors and entrepreneurs. The southern areas of the airport are a very attractive investment offer for business activities.
Since 2017, GAPR owns half of the Gliwice airport. At the request of the Agency, in 2016-2017, a modernization plan was prepared and construction works began in 2018.
Works at the airport include the construction of: a paved runway with an artificial surface, a paved taxiway with an artificial surface, an apron, parking lots, access roads, and a bicycle path around the airport.
- Deadline for completion of works: February 2020
- The contractor: Przedsiębiorstwo Remontów Ulic i Mostów (PRUiM) in Gliwice.
A hardened runway with an artificial surface along with grass protection
- Runway lighting
- Runway drainage
- A paved taxiway with an artificial surface with grass protection
- Taxiway lighting
- Taxiway drainage
- Parking plate with lighting and drainage
- Access road
- A bicycle path in the modernized part of the airport
- Technical support of the runway
The potential and possibilities of the airport in Gliwice
- The base for aviation training centers
- Air and recreational sports center
- A base for small passenger communication (air taxi, business and tourist traffic)
- The base of air freight services
- 24/7 local air transport
Planned airport services
- Take-offs and landings from a paved runway with an artificial surface during DAY and NIGHT
- Parking spaces on the apron
- Possibility to conduct flight training in rented or purchased areas
- Possibility to purchase or lease land in the southern part of the airport
- Hardened runway with an artificial surface
- Take-offs and landings from two runways with a natural grass surface
- Possibility to use the rooms for training purposes
- Hangar places
Works related to the construction of a petrol station are currently underway.
In the vicinity of the modernized port, entities related to aviation will be located – buyers have already found investment properties in the north-eastern part of the facility. We sold six plots of land by tender, and the seventh was leased for a period of 10 years.
There are also investment areas in the southern part of the airport – areas adjacent to the planned southern bypass of the city. We are currently in talks with potential external investors interested in this land.