Upper Silesian Agency for Entrepreneurship and Development Ltd. modernizes the airport in Gliwice. The investment includes the construction of: a paved runway with an artificial surface, a hardened taxiway with an artificial surface, a modern petrol station and a safe location for bicycle paths around the airport.
As a result of our activities, the airport will retain its recreational values, will be open to a larger number of visitors and, most importantly, available all year round. In addition, noise emissions will be reduced.
The modernization of the airport in Gliwice will have a positive impact on existing aviation activities, i.e. training, sports and recreation, and will enable the development of new ones, which in turn will facilitate the financing of airport maintenance costs.
The location of the airport is its unique advantage. The Silesian University of Technology operates in Gliwice, as well as many production and service companies with a national, European and global reach. The city of Gliwice also has a modern sports and entertainment hall – Arena Gliwice. The proximity of the Gliwice – Sośnica junction connecting the A1 and A4 motorways, Droga Trasa Średnicowa, a short distance to the city center and the vicinity of the “Nowe Gliwice” Education and Business Center GAPR sp. Z o.o. they are of particular benefit to investors and entrepreneurs. The southern areas of the airport are a very attractive investment offer for business activities.
The potential and possibilities of the airport in Gliwice
- Base for aviation training centers
- Air and recreational sports center
- A base for small passenger communication (air taxi, business and tourist traffic)
- Base of air freight services
- 24/7 local air transport
As part of the planned services, the airport will offer:
- Take-offs and landings from a paved runway with an artificial surface during DAY and NIGHT
- Parking spaces on the apron
- Possibility to conduct flight training in rented or purchased areas
- Possibility to purchase or lease land in the southern part of the airport
- Hardened runway with an artificial surface
- Take-offs and landings from two runways with a natural grass surface
- Possibility to use the rooms for training purposes
- Hangar places