The Upper Silesian Agency for Entrepreneurship and Development Ltd. was in charge of the modernisation of the airport in Gliwice. The runway was opened on 10/12/2020. The investment included the construction of: a paved runway with an artificial surface, a paved taxiway with an artificial surface, a modern fuel station and a safe location for cycle paths around the airport.
As a result of our operations, the airport has retained its recreational value, also it is open to more visitors and, most importantly, is accessible all year round. Moreover, noise emissions will be reduced.
The modernisation of Gliwice Airport will have a positive impact on the existing aviation industry, i.e. training, sport and recreational activities, and will facilitate the development of new ones, which in turn will make it easier to finance the costs of maintaining the airport.
The location of the airport is its unique asset. Gliwice is home to the Silesian University of Technology and many production and service companies with national, European and global reach. The city of Gliwice also has a modern entertainment and sports hall – Arena Gliwice. The proximity of the Gliwice – Sośnica junction connecting the A1 and A4 motorways, the Średnia Trasa Średnicowa road, a short distance to the city center, and the proximity of the premises of the Education and Business Centre “Nowe Gliwice”. GAPR Ltd. is a particular advantage for investors and entrepreneurs. The southern area of the airport is a very attractive investment offer for business activity.
The potential and possibilities of the airport in Gliwice
- Base for flight training centres
- A centre for air sports and recreation
- Location for small passenger transport services (air taxi, business and tourist traffic)
- Location for air cargo transport services
- 24/7 local air transport
As part of the planned services, the airport will offer:
- Take-offs and landings from a paved runway with an artificial surface during day and night
- Parking spaces on the apron
- Possibility to conduct flight training in rented or purchased areas
- Possibility to purchase or lease land in the southern part of the airport
- Hardened runway with an artificial surface
- Take-offs and landings from two runways with a natural grass surface
- Possibility to use the rooms for training purposes
- Hangar places
- Runway direction 08 R 26 L
- Runway length 800x23m
- Runway strip length 920mx80m
- Runway length 100mx23m
- Taxiway 342 m x 10.5 m
- Apron 200 m x 52 m
- Starting run less than 800 m
- Maximum aircraft wingspan up to 24 m
- Track width up to 6 m
- Reference aircraft Beechcraft King Air 250