The main objective of the project is to improve the flow of information, oriented towards joint planning and coordination of activities between regional authorities, transport network operators, and interested entities in freight transport, as well as operators of logistic centers and terminals.
The project focuses on developing cross-border cooperation, coordinating cooperation between regional authorities, transport managers, and freight transport operators. As well as on the identification of barriers to the development of freight transport in the Trans Tritia area (Śląskie Voivodeship, Opolskie Voivodeship, Moravian-Silesian Region, Local Government Žilina Region) and the identification of the region’s potential in the area of freight transport.
Project budget: € 1.248.893,35
Budget provided by the European Regional Development Fund: € 1.061.559,33
Project implementation time: September 1, 2017 – November 30, 2020
The project implementation was divided into:
- workshops aimed at raising the awareness of decision-makers
- expert seminars in the field of road, rail and water transport
- creating a joint PL-CZ-SK steering committee as a body to guide the project’s findings
- communication and dissemination of information
Strategies and actions to develop environmentally friendly intermodal transport between cooperating countries and regions, including:
- seaworthiness between the rivers Odra and Váh
- rail transport between Katowice and Ostrava, Opole and Ostrava and Ostrava and Žilina
- development of intermodal logistics centers in the Trans Tritia area.
The project website: https://www.interreg-central.eu/Content.Node/TRANS-TRITIA.html