The project “Network of Regional Specialist Observatories in Entrepreneurial Process of Discovery” is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund under Measure 1.3 Professionalisation of BEI ROP SV 2014-2020.
Project Leader: Marshal Office Of The Silesian Voivodeship
Project implementation period: January 2017 – March 2019
Project financing from the European Union: PLN 3 940 000.00
- The Central Mining Institute in Katowice
- Science and Technology Park “TECHNOPARK GLIWICE” Ltd
Agreement 1: Upper Silesian Agency for Entrepreneurship and Development Ltd.
- Institute of Medical Technology and Equipment ITAM in Zabrze
- Professor Zbigniew Religa’s Foundation for Cardiac Surgery Development
- Silesian University of Technology, Faculty of Biomedical Engineering
- “Euro-Centrum” Science and Technology Park Ltd.
- Regional Development Agency in Częstochowa Joint Stock Company
- University of Silesia in Katowice
- Foundation of Nanotechnology and Nanoscience Support NANONET
- Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals
- Center of Polymer and Carbon Materials of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Silesian University of Technology, Faculty of Organization and Management
- IInstitute of Non-Ferrous Metals
- Improvement of the management of region’s scientific and technological development through cooperation within the Network of Regional Specialist Observatories (SO RIS).
- Selection of growth sectors of the region’s economy in an entrepreneurial process of discovering and updating regional smart specializations within the framework of the Technology Development Program (TDP) and the Regional Innovation Strategy (RIS SV).
- Update of TDP and TDP Implementation Model.
- Update of TDP and TDP Implementation Model.
Analysis of the voivodeship potential in selected technological specialties consistent with specialties of Network of Regional Specialist Observatories containing recommendations on key technological areas that form the basis for formulating an action plan in individual areas and starting point for visualization of the region’s technological potential, as well as introducing changes to the regional innovation financing system for entrepreneurs.
- Analyzes of technological and innovative needs of enterprises aimed at creating a development policy.
- Annual reports of the Network of Regional Specialist Observatories containing market trends in the areas of smart specialization.
More about the project:
Main objective of the Network of Regional Specialist Observatories in Entrepreneurial Process of Discovery project is to support and improve regional development management in the area of regional scientific and technological potential and increase the number of Observatories in the Network of Regional Specialist Observatories (SO RIS) in line with technological areas indicated in the Technology Development Program of the Śląskie Voivodeship for the years 2010-2020 (TDP).
As part of the project, assumptions of the Entrepreneurial Discovery Process (EDP) will be implemented, which is executed by the voivodeship self-governments in the 2014-2020 perspective. It consists of identifying growth sectors of the economy which may change or supplement regional smart specializations (medicine, energy and ICT) indicated in the Regional Innovation Strategy for Innovation of the Śląskie Voivodeship for 2013-2020 (RIS SV). This will be possible as a result of updating the Technology Development Program and the Regional Innovation Strategy.
The project will be targeted mainly at enterprises in order to increase their knowledge about technologies and market trends, which will allow actions to be taken to increase their competitiveness and innovation, both at regional and national level.
Operation within the scope of professionalization of services will focus mainly on animation of cooperation through, among others,
- analysis of technological and innovative needs in enterprises and the R&D sector,
- application of business models and instruments in the field of technology transfer and commercialization in research and development of enterprises,
- determination of business opportunities for enterprises,
- preparing them for inclusion into cooperative networks and chains of the global economy.
Effect of project activities will be the intensification and increase in the importance of network cooperation of quadruple helix entities as main actors of the innovation ecosystem, having the greatest impact on economic development, and thus increase in competitiveness and innovation of the region’s economy based on smart specializations.